Delivery Changes Begin April 25, 2011
Effective July 1, 2011, the Lewis & Clark Library System will merge with the Lincoln Trail Libraries System, Rolling Prairie Library System and the Shawnee Library System to form the Illinois Heartland Library System. Representatives from the four library Systems are working toward a unified organization, and we are implementing delivery improvements to become effective prior to the actual merger. Our goal is to provide quality service that we hope meets your needs, and yet utilize delivery efficiencies and offers parity. At its March 15, 2011, meeting the Lewis & Clark Library System Board of Directors endorsed the enclosed Delivery Standards established by the Planning Panel of the southern Systems merger group.
Changes in delivery based on the Delivery Standards will be implemented on April 25, 2011. Below you will find the information needed to successfully implement the changes at your library.
- Daily Delivery Routes – use this document to determine what days your library will be receiving delivery as well as the stops after yours to participate in D.O.G
- D.O.G Routing Slip – if you have books to be delivered to a stop after yours, place this slip on top so that it is visible to the driver
- D.O.G. Handout & Bundling Guidelines – helpful instructions to make this process easier for everyone
- D.O.G. Procedures Video – video presentation on the new D.O.G. procedures
- Non-GateNet members do not need to worry about bundling any items together. Just place books in your bags as your currently do. Your items will be returned to the system to be processed.
Delivery and LCLS Holidays
The System’s Courier service runs on days the System is open. While Courier service does not run on days the System is closed, additional routes are scheduled for the following day(s) to handle the volume. For 2011, Courier service will not run on these dates:
- 3 January 2011
- 17 January 2011
- 11 February 2011
- 21 February 2011
- 22 April 2011
- 30 May 2011
- 4 July 2011
- 5 September 2011
- 10 October 2011
- 11 November 2011
- 24 & 25 November 2011
- 23 & 26 December 2011
- 30 December 2011
Delivery Best Practices Video Now Available
Looking for a fun way to introduce your staff to packing and shipping materials for delivery? Look no further than our new video, “Delivery Best Practices”. Using fun dialog, your new employees will be introduced to the inner workings of the delivery of materials across the state. It’s the perfect place to start your training! It is also a handy tool for staff to view as a reminder of delivery procedures. Check out the video here.