Moving Forward – an update from LCLS
September 10, 2010
Southern IL library system merger conversations:
Thanks to all who participated in the Southern Systems Merger Update held earlier this week at LCLS. If you missed the event, you can listen to the podcast. Upcoming meetings you may wish to attend:
- Southern Systems Planning Meeting at Shawnee Library System, Tuesday, September 14, 2010 (1:00 PM – 4:00 PM). You may register for the meeting here. If you would like to join your colleagues and travel together from the System office, please contact Julia Pernicka (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Leslie Bednar (email@example.com).
- Southern Systems Planning Meeting at Lewis & Clark Library System, Wednesday, October 13, 2010 (1:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Please register here if you plan to attend.
Be sure to check the Cooperation Today web site for updated information including documents and to comment on any aspect of the process. We encourage member participation at meetings and welcome your comments on Cooperation Today.
Fall Into Reading:
This year’s Family Reading Night is scheduled for November 18, 2010. Sponsored by Jesse White, Secretary of State and State Librarian, Family Reading Night is a statewide event that encourages families to spend quality time reading together. It is celebrated annually in Illinois on the third Thursday in November. Click here for ideas and suggestions for successful events!
FY2011 Live and Learn Construction Grant details will be available soon. The Illinois State Library has scheduled the following workshops regarding the grant program:
- October 13 LaSalle Public Library, 10 a.m.-noon
- October 20 Rolling Prairie Library System, 1-3 p.m.
- October 27 Videoconference from the ISL, Lewis and Clark Library System, Lincoln Trail Libraries System and Rolling Prairie Library System, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- October 29 Online Web conference via Adobe Pro Connect, 10 a.m.-noon
The workshops are open to anyone and there is no cost. Register at: http://www.librarylearning.info/?month=10&year=2010
Upcoming continuing education opportunities at LCLS:
- Tuesday, September 14, 2010 (9:00 AM – 11:00 AM), GateNet Cataloger’s Meeting. Click here to register in LibraryLearning (L2).
- Tuesday, September 14, 2010 (11:00 AM – 12:00 PM), GateNet Cataloger’s Problem-Solving Session. Click here to register in LibraryLearning (L2).
- Thursday, September 16, 2010 (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM), GateNet Circulation I: The Circulation Desk and Patron Records. Click here to register in LibraryLearning (L2).
- Thursday, September 16, 2010 (1:00 PM – 4:00 PM), GateNet Circulation II: The Search Holds Mode and Paging List. Click here to register in LibraryLearning (L2).
Have a great weekend!
Leslie M. Bednar
Acting Executive Director