Below is information for individuals or groups requesting information using the Freedom of Information/Open Meetings Act. If you are a library and would like more information about setting up your own FOIA/OMA page or need help responding to a FOIA/OMA request, please contact Nick Bennyhoff.
The mission of the Lewis & Clark Library System is “to advance libraries in successfully serving the evolving needs of their communities.”
Founded in 1966, the Lewis & Clark Library System (LCLS) is one of nine regional multitype Library Systems in Illinois, funded by grants from the Secretary of State’s office through funds appropriated by the Illinois General Assembly. We offer a variety of services to the academic, public, school, and special libraries within the System’s boundaries.
The Lewis & Clark Library System is governed by the System Board of Directors, who have 10 meetings annually on the third Tuesday of each month, except August and December, 6:00 p.m. at the System building.
The total amount of our operating budget for FY09/10 is: $1,859,097, this amount includes the GateNet funds. Our funding sources are state and federal grants, charges, and donations.
The System office is located at: 6725 Goshen Road, Edwardsville, Illinois 62025
The Librarians Advisory Council operates in an advisory capacity to the Executive Director.
We are required to report and be accountable for our operations to the Illinois State Library, Springfield, Illinois, specifically the State Librarian, Jesse White (Secretary of State); and the Director of State Library, Anne Craig.
Making a FOIA Request
Request information and records available to the public in the following manner:
- Requests must be in writing. Please use this request form.
- Direct the request to: Nick Bennyhoff, FOIA Officer.
- Indicate whether the request has a “commercial purpose”.
- Specify the records requested to be disclosed for inspection or to be copied. If you desire that any records be certified, you must specify which ones.
- To reimburse us our actual costs for reproducing and certifying (if requested) the records, you will be charged the following fees:
- Electronic records may be requested in a specific format and if feasible, they will be so provided, but if not feasible, they will be provided either in the electronic format in which they are kept (and you would be required to pay the actual cost of the medium only, i.e. disc, diskette, tape, etc.) or in paper whichever you select.
- Respond to a written request will be within five (5) working days or sooner if possible. An extension of an additional five (5) working days may be necessary to properly respond.
- Records may be inspected or copied. If inspected, an LCLS employee must be present throughout the inspection.
- Place and times where the records are available:
There is a $1.00 charge for each certification of records;
there is no charge for the first fifty (50) pages of black and white text either letter or legal size; there is a $.15 per page charge for copied records in excess of 50 pages; and the actual copying cost of color copies and other sized copies will be charged.
- Weekdays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Lewis & Clark Library System, Administrative Offices
Certain types of information maintained by the Lewis & Clark Library System are exempt from inspection and copying. However, the following types or categories of records are maintained under our control: