Do you work in a library, media center or computer lab and want to share rich primary sources with your students and teachers?
Then register for this event today!
Event: Introduction to the Library of Congress Website and Teaching with
Primary Sources Especially for Librarians & Media Specialists
Where: Lovejoy Library, Conference Room
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Edwardsville, Illinois 62026
When: Monday, August 4 - Tuesday, August 5, 2014
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Who: K-12 Librarians, Media Specialists & Educators
No Cost: FREE! Federally-awarded professional development program-
CPDUs will be available
Workshop participants will receive:
- 12 CPDUs
- Free professional development, paid for by the Library of Congress
- Search guides for the newly redesigned Library of Congress Website
- Teaching strategies for using primary sources
- A USB flash drive
- Invitations to additional free events with CPDUs
- Continued support from the TPS Program at SIUE including color printouts of sources from your activity, classroom assistance, and an invitation to a private TPS National Teachers Network for additional support from educators and librarians from all over the country!
Want to know more? Visit these websites or contact Margaret Fredericksen at email@example.com. Teaching with Primary Sources at SIUE http://www.siue.edu/tps