For over 40 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Oakton is seeking a Library Assistant - Circulation for the Des Plaines, IL campus to:
- Assist in circulation as required including maintaining statistics for gate count, course reserves and other library use statistics.
- Assist students, staff and faculty in the use of the online catalog to find books at the Oakton libraries and to request books from other ILLINET online libraries. Process Voyager call slips.
- Assist students, staff and faculty in the use of equipment necessary to retrieve and copy course reserve materials and other information.
- Provide data entry on the library computer system.
- Process overdue notices.
- Make student identification cards.
- Answer and provide information to incoming telephone calls.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must possess high school education or equivalent; one year of library and/or related experience; and the ability to use a computer to enter, retrieve, and manipulate data.
This is a part time position that works Monday, 8:15 am – 12:00 pm; Wednesday, 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm; and Saturday, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. This position is compensated $15.87 per hour.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. No person shall be subject to discrimination of any kind on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or unfavorable discharge from military service.