eRead Illinois Newsletter
November 18, 2013
The eRead Illinois project is gaining steam and moving faster than ever. We have lots of information to share this week, so let’s get right to it!
We're happy to announce that a new member has joined the eRead Illinois project team! Natalie DeJonghe is the E-Book Trainer/Coordinator for RAILS. Natalie will be traveling across Illinois to deliver training and presentations on the eRead Illinois project to RAILS and IHLS non-SHARE libraries. As always, feel free to contact the eRead Illinois project team whenever you have questions:
- Veronda Pitchford, eRead Illinois Project Director (RAILS): firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-734-5119.
- Natalie DeJonghe, eRead Illinois E-book Trainer/Coordinator (RAILS): email@example.com or 630-734-5121.
- Lesley Zavediuk, eRead Illinois E-book Trainer/Coordinator (IHLS): firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-656-3216, ext. 424
The 3M Cloud Library shared collection officially launches today, November 18! SHARE members libraries already have access to 3M e-books in the OPAC for our “try before you buy” period, ending December 31. You can now begin to promote the collection to your patrons. If you have already submitted your fee request form, you’ll be receiving an official welcome packet this week. Soft rollout of the Baker & Taylor Axis 360 shared collection will begin on December 2, and libraries may introduce it to their patrons beginning December 16. Welcome packets, including an Axis 360 setup form, are being sent to RAILS and non-SHARE member libraries that committed to participation by November 1.
No matter which platform you’ll be using, your library still has time to request a member fee quote. Simply fill out the appropriate form and send it in:
3M Cloud Library Fee Request Form, send to email@example.com
You will receive a reply within a few days.
Axis 360 Fee Request Form, send to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive a reply in mid-December.
We still have a few training sessions left for the 3M Cloud Library shared collection in the month of November. We’ll be letting you know about more training opportunities in December, so stay tuned…
- November 18, 2013: 3M Cloud Library Demo via Adobe Connect, 11:00am – 12:00pm.
- November 21, 2013: 3M Cloud Library Demo at Sparta Public Library, 1:00 – 2:00pm
- November 22, 2013: Repeating 3M Cloud Library Demos at Marion Carnegie Library. Sign-up for one of four sessions offered that day: 9:00am, 10:15am, 11:30am, and 1:30pm.
Can’t make it to one of our sessions? View the following recordings and you’ll learn everything you need to know.
Training for the Axis 360 shared collection will begin in December. Sessions will be posted in Library Learning (L2) as schedules are finalized.
The eRead Illinois project team is dedicated to providing you with as many materials as we can to help you serve your patrons. A giant THANK YOU to Kate Smith, Business Manager at Mahomet Public Library for creating a lovely (and customizable) trifold brochure instructing patrons how to use the 3M Cloud. If your library has created an awesome handout and you are willing to share, please email Lesley at email@example.com.
- Baker & Taylor Access 360 website
- Baker & Taylor/eRead Illinois press release
- 3M Cloud Library on YouTube
- 3M Cloud Library Checkout Procedure Handout
- 3M Cloud Library Checkout Procedure Handout (customizable)
- 3M Cloud Library Compatible Device Cheat Sheet
- 3M Cloud Library FAQ
- 3M Patron Support Website
- State Library of Kansas 3M FAQ
- Using 3M Cloud Trifold Brochure (new!)
Your patrons are going to love all the access to e-books the eRead Illinois project will provide! Thanks to the Illinois State Library for funding such a great project!