Circulation Assistant (Part-time) - Lindenwood University (Belleville)
Position Title: Temporary Part-Time Circulation Assistant
Location: Belleville Campus Library
Start Date: June 9, 2014
Purpose of Position: This position is a 28 hour per week temporary position which is responsible for overseeing the Library on Sunday and weekday evening hours. The Circulation Assistant is responsible for the routine operation of the Circulation Desk during scheduled hours and providing excellent customer service to the students, faculty and staff of Lindenwood University – Belleville.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides circulation services to library users and assistance in the use of online research tools, process of overdue materials and check-in/check-out of materials to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Answer directional questions and refers patrons to appropriate personnel to ensure that the needs of library customers are met.
- Participate in collection inventory projects and shelving to enhance the quality of service for the community.
- Make independent judgments and decisions on a daily basis, following established guidelines, consulting with the Head Librarian on issues not covered by established guidelines.
- Manage work-and-learns and graduate assistants during all aspects of stack maintenance work to ensure timely shelving, reading of call numbers, shelf straightening, and other quality control measures as needed.
- Assist library patrons with all aspects of circulation inquiries.
- Troubleshoot all public accessible equipment, i.e. copiers, printers, and fax machine.
- Perform closing/opening duties as assigned.
- Collect in-house user statistics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Librarian.
- Two years of customer service. Minimum of one year supervisory experience. Previous library experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse clientele.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient use of MS Word and Excel.
- Library system experience/knowledge of OCLC and Sierra highly. Familiarity with Sierra’s Cataloging and Course Reserve modules highly desirable.
- Ability to manage projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines; good time management skills, attention to detail, and able to work efficiently with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work independently of direct supervision and to work well with others in a team-based environment.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, and a flexible schedule as needed.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and push/pull a 50 pound book truck.
- Ability to bend and reach to low/high shelves, work standing/sitting for long periods.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required. MSLS preferred.
Experience Requirements: Two years of customer service. Minimum of one year supervisory experience. Previous library experience preferred.
Hours/Days: Must be able to work evening and weekend hours.
Exempt/nonexempt status: Nonexempt
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Salary: $12 per hour. Maximum 28 hours per week.
To apply, go to the job announcement here.