Assistant Librarian in Public Services – Greenville College
Greenville College has an opening for an Assistant Librarian in Public Services.
Announcement of Faculty Position: Assistant Librarian in Public Services
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Full-time (12-month) non-tenure-track faculty position. Review of applications will begin Apr. 20, 2011, and the preferred start date is July 1, 2011.
- ALA accredited MLS required.
- Experience in academic library public services and instruction desired.
- Familiarity with online database searching in a variety of interfaces, general internet searching, and excellent computer skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills expected.
- Familiarity with the ExLibris Voyager integrated library system and SFX beneficial.
- Vibrant personal Christian faith commitment and support of the College’s Mission, Theological Assumptions and Lifestyle Statement required. Faculty are expected to serve as role models for students within this community of Christian scholarship.
- Share in the daily reference service rotation including some evening and possible weekend hours.
- Serve as liaison and instruction librarian for adult degree-completion program on campus, off campus at a variety of sites, and online.
- Teach some additional library research instruction sessions for undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Assist with other library services including but not limited to interlibrary loan, collection development, and assessment.
- Participate in the faculty governance structure and in other faculty responsibilities.
COMPENSATION: Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience. A generous benefits package includes health, disability, and retirement plans.
RUBY E. DARE LIBRARY: The library has approximately 130,000 volumes in a 42,000 square foot building. Four librarians, one paraprofessional, and 25 student workers serve the College’s approximately 1,600 students. The library is a member of the College and Research Libraries of Illinois (CARLI) I-Share Library consortium which uses the ExLibris Voyager integrated system and OCLC, and has a number of electronic indexing and reference services. Library website: www.greenville.edu/library
GREENVILLE COLLEGE: The College is a Christian liberal arts college of 1,100 traditional undergraduates and 550 adult and graduate students. We are located 45 miles east of St. Louis (MO) and enjoy the benefits of that city while living in an attractive residential community of approximately 8,000. We were founded in 1892 and have a rich heritage of affiliation with the Free Methodist Church, but draw students from 40+ denominations in the US as well as students from around the world. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.
APPLICATIONS: Application materials should include: (1) a letter of application; (2) curriculum vitae; (3) a statement of philosophy of Christian higher education; (4) a statement of personal faith journey and commitment; (5) copies of official transcripts; and (6) letters from three professional references. Review of applications will begin April 20, 2011 with the search remaining open until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered. Please address applications to:
Dr. Randall S. Bergen
315 East College Avenue
Greenville, IL 62246
It is the policy of Greenville College not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race or gender in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act.