What’s In a Name?
The planning panel for the southern Systems merger made progress last Friday and Saturday in several areas:
- All current members of each library System will be grandfathered in as full members of the new merged system. (This includes members of the Lewis & Clark, Lincoln Trail, Rolling Prairie, and Shawnee Library Systems.)
- Membership definitions are based solely on the definitions in the Illinois Library System Act and appropriate references in the Illinois Administrative Code.
- Approved members of the Transition Board. Representing LCLS: Linda McDonnell (public library trustee), JoAnn Nabe (public library trustee), Diane Steele (public library director)
- Approved the Delivery Standards, pending endorsement and implementation by each of the four System boards.
- All aspects of the standards will be implemented in the short term (i.e. March-April, 2011).
- LCLS members will receive details regarding the standards as soon as possible following the March meeting of the LCLS Board of Directors (March 15, 2011)
New System Name
- Approved the name of the merged system as Illinois Heartland Library System.
Next meetings of the Planning Panel
- Friday, March 11, 3:30 p.m. — meeting via v-tel at each of the four System headquarters. Agenda for the meeting is to review and finalize the Application for Merger document.
- Wednesday, March 23, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — meeting in-person at the Effingham Hilton Garden Inn.
- Friday, April 8, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — location TBD
Have a good week!