Senior Program Manager – Urban Libraries Council
The Urban Libraries Council (ULC) has spent more than thirty years enriching urban communities by strengthening their public libraries. A member association of North America’s leading public library systems, ULC’s members are thought leaders dedicated to leadership, innovation and the continuous transformation of libraries.
The full time Senior Program Manager will manage ULC’s key program initiatives from development through implementation and report to the CEO/ President. ULC’s programs are acclaimed for inspiring new organizational models that invigorate urban libraries and enable them to provide the best possible services. ULC’s programs focus on the critical issues facing cities and counties including: economic and work force development, sustainability, technology infrastructure, health and public safety and education/lifelong learning.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Identify strategic issues and trends critical to urban libraries and the communities which they serve
- Develop programs, conferences and initiatives that support library systems
- Implement complex, multi-year research and demonstration projects
- Manage initiatives including partnership development, grant writing, research management, meeting planning and identification of leading practices http://www.lcls.org/wp-admin/media-new.php
- Masters in Public Administration, Urban Planning or Library Science
- Knowledge and experience working with local governments and public libraries
- Successful experience in program development, including proposal writing and project implementation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organization and project management experience
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. ULC offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability and life insurance and an employer funded retirement plan.
Please send cover letter and resume by Friday, October 15, 2010, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Angela Goodrich, Finance and Administration Executive.
Lead. Innovate. Transform.
125 S. Wacker Drive, Suite 1050