HEAD OF TECHNICAL SERVICES–ORLAND PARK PUBLIC LIBRARY
We are seeking an innovative, technical, and service-oriented professional responsible for the acquisitions, cataloging and processing of materials. This full-time position gives the applicant the opportunity to work in a spacious facility with a large collection of materials including eReaders, eBooks, downloadable materials and more.
- Managing the work flow of a busy department including selection, acquisitions, and cataloging.
- Participating in the management team
- Compiling and reporting of library-wide statistics
- Performing original cataloging
- Working with a large online catalog consortium
- A Masters in Library Science degree is required
- Minimum two years of library experience
- Two years experience in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of electronic resources related to cataloging, acquisitions, processing and data entry.
- A broad knowledge of public library cataloging principles, practices and technology including MARC required; with knowledge of OCLC cataloging software desirable.
Position full-time, including evenings and weekends. Starting salary $44,000 plus benefits.
Send letter of application, resume and three references to Mary K. Weimar, Library Director, Orland Park Public Library, 14921 Ravinia Avenue, Orland Park, IL 60462. Electronic submissions should be sent to the following email: email@example.com. Submissions must be received by 5:00 P.M. July 31, 2010.