Readers’ Advisory Librarian II–Elmhurst Public Library
The Readers’ Advisory Librarian encourages the development of a love of reading by managing the fiction collection, coordinating book discussions, reading programs and displays and creating book lists. Elmhurst has a population of 43,000 with an annual circulation of 1.5 million. If you want to buy fiction for a community that really READS – Elmhurst is the place for you. Additionally, you will spend time working on our challenging combined reference and readers’ advisory desk.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* At least two years, post-MLS, of professional level library work experience REQUIRED.
* A passion for books, reading and readers’ advisory
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
* The ability to maintain a good attitude and a sense of humor during stressful situations
* The ability to manage work time and stay organized across multiple projects
* Above average computer skills
* The ability and desire to work a flexible schedule including 1 evening per week and weekends on rotation.
Visit our web site at www.ElmhurstPublicLibrary.org for more information about the library and community. Salary from $46,390 per year depending upon qualifications, plus a generous benefits package. Send meaningful cover letter, resume and three references to: Rita Andreuccetti @ The Elmhurst Public Library
-Mail- 125 S. Prospect, Elmhurst, IL 60126