“Essential Elements of Interlibrary Loan” [pdf] a PowerPoint presentation presented by Kate Boyle (Metropolitan Library System) and Laura Frizol (LaSalle Public Library)
Essential Elements of Interlibrary Loan–This LCLS training is presented face-to-face. This class explains the essential elements of interlibrary loan. It presents an overview of the entire interlibrary loan process. These basic principles apply to all methods of interlibrary loan.
WorldCat Resource Sharing series of training provided by the Lewis & Clark Library System.
- Each of these courses builds on the previous course. It is best for the ILL Manager to take the courses in the order listed.
- FirstSearch (Discovery)–This class teaches how to perform basic and advanced searches.
- FirstSearch Administration–Second of two for the ILL manager. Allows resource-sharing (ILL) staff to administer constant data, saved notes, custom holding groups, and custom holding paths.
- WorldCat Resource Sharing (WCRS)–This is the class for staff who daily check the request manager (message file) using the OCLC WorldCat Resource Sharing (WCRS) system.
- For those wishing to review and update their WCRS there is the Fine Tune your WCRS Class.
- OCLC offers Direct Requests where the patron initiates the request. This is an optional link between FirstSearch and WorldCat Resource Sharing (WCRS). Based on custom profiles, requests are filtered straight onto a lending library or into the WCRS review file. Explore this option in the class OCLC Direct Requests
OCLC WorldCat Resource Sharing tutorials
OCLC Tutorials on such products as CatExpress, Dewey, FirstSearch, ILLiad, NetLibrary, QuestionPoint, Terminologies, and more.